Thursday 11 December 2008

A Few Deep Thoughts

  1. The eyeballs turned out to be in great health with no sign of the macular degeneration that the optician had feared. Thank You God!
  2. However whilst blasting enough light to frazzle the grass on an entire football pitch into the back of said orbs, the Ophthalmologist lady managed to notice that so called cholesterol lines are there, which is quite possible as I have been lazy with the whole healthy eating thing in recent colder months, i.e. this whole hoo-ha may have saved my life from another heart attack. Double Thank You God! Even though it means no more bacon & brie baguettes at work. Honestly.
  3. Finally, just as much cause for rejoicing, I am honoured and bask in the reflected glory, because I have very intelligent friends. I feel like a woman of substance by proxy, if that makes any sense at all (which it probably doesn't and can you all say 'imploding house of cards'?). Back to the point. Supremely intelligent friends. This I know. Thank you even more DEAR God.
  4. The thing is, I am left trying to work out whether to simply be proud to associate with such insight, or humiliated that I must be cr*p at hiding my identity even for five minutes. So much for the masquerade, which remains (albeit as a technicality) in case of other people. *Cough*, Thank you, er, um, right. Am I really that bad at this?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Was I talking out of school?

Brilliance will not be masked, dear. You're smart, and funny, and you've got unmistakable style.

Besides which, I've been patiently awaiting your return :-)

Glad to know you're free of macular degeneration. Dilled tofu salad wraps are no substitute for bacon and brie baguettes, but they're heart-smart and I'd be glad to share the recipe.

The Library Lady said...

Hey, intelligence is becoming fashionable again on this side of the Pond. It's finally okay for me to walk out in the sunlight again.

Though Zilla's being here confirmed my suspicions ;)

Glad you're back, no matter what the name.

And I'd just find something a little less lethal to put on the baguettes. But then, tofu just isn't my thing!